Outline of The Discussion Program and the Post-Program Session of SSEAYP
The Discussion Program intends to encourage the Participating Youths (PYs):
- to deepen their understanding of the current situation of the various fields in each country and motivate them to act for solving problems in the respective fields;as well as
- to promote mutual understanding;
- to improve the PYs’ skills in exchanging views with other participants; and
- to enhance their abilities in presenting their own ideas in public, through a free-flowing and active exchange of opinions.
The Post-Program Session aims:
- to deepen PYs’ understanding on the Alumni Association (AA) of respective countries and the SSEAYP International which is the solidarity body of the AAs;
- allow PYs to design possible projects to realize their ideas for post-program activities.
DISCUSSION GROUP THEMES
The Discussion Program shall follow the common theme of “Youth Participation in Social Activities” and will be divided under nine group themes. Each Discussion Group (DG) shall comprise of PYs from different countries.
- Disaster Risk Reduction and Recovery
- Diversity and Social Inclusion
- Employment and Decent Work
- Environment and Sustainability
- Good Health and Well-being
- Information and Media
- Soft Power and Youth Diplomacy
- Youth Entrepreneurship
ROLE OF FACILITATOR
Facilitators should have ample knowledge and experience in the respective group themes and the ability to facilitate discussions. As such, they are expected to provide the PYs with guidance and advice to carry out the Discussion Program as well as to utilize the results of the Discussion Program to the Post-Program Session.
- Determine and propose the group objectives for approval of the Administration.
- Draft the basic information and pre-program assignments for approval of the Administration. (Contact the PYs of the group directly for detailed instruction upon approval from the Administration.)
- Coordinate and manage the assigned discussion group.
- Facilitate the group discussions and give support and advice to the PYs of the group in charge.
- Consolidate and summarize DG report made by the PYs of the group and submit it to the Administration.
- Coordinate and manage the sessions of “Introductory Program,” “Introduction for post-program projects design and implementation,” “Workshop for post-program projects design and implementation” and “Presentation of Discussion Results”.
QUALIFICATION OF FACILITATOR
- Good command of English to facilitate discussion (reference level: TOEIC 860, TOEFL(iBT) 100, TOEFL(CBT) 250, IELTS 7.0 , or equal ability).
- Basic knowledge and experience in the field of the group theme in charge.
- Able to work from October 28 to December 13, 2019 during the country program in Japan, onboard the ship as well as counties to be visited.
- Able to attend the Facilitators Meeting held in Tokyo from July 23rd to 26th, 2019 (including arrival and departure dates).
- Be sound in mental and body.
SSEAYP Discussion Facilitators from Indonesia will be nominated by SSEAYP International Indonesia (SII), for further interview by the Cabinet Office of Japan. When an applicant nominated by SII is successfully accepted as SSEAYP Discussion Facilitator, the successful applicant(s) need to:
- Update the result of Facilitators Meeting in Tokyo to SII, maximum 7 days after the event.
- Attend the activities related to Discussion Program during the Pre-Departure Training and Reentry of the Indonesian Delegates for SSEAYP 2019
- Assist in the preparation of the Post-Program Activity of the Indonesian delegates for SSEAYP 2019
- Actively involved in assisting the social contribution activities of SSEAYP International Indonesia
Please refer to documents below for further details:
- Guideline for the Discussion Program
- Outline of the Selection of Facilitators
- Application Form (Facilitator SSEAYP2019)
- Please submit your complete Application Form, Curriculum Vitae and your latest reference of English competencevia email at email@example.com by April 24th, no later than 23.59 Western Indonesia Time.
- SSEAYP International Indonesia Inc., forwards the Facilitators recommendation to the Government of Japan.
- Final Decision of Discussion Facilitators will be made by the Cabinet Office of Japan.
|7 – 24 April 2019||Application Form Submission (no later than 23.59 Western Indonesia Time)|
|20 April 2019
2 – 4 PM
|Discussion Facilitator Sharing Session
Talkshow with former SSEAYP Discussion Facilitators to explore on how to be a Discussion Facilitators for SSEAYP.
Faci’s Sharing Session
Libertad Union Coffee and Roastery
Jl. Pangeran Antasari No. 20A, Cilandak, Jakarta Selatan
RSVP your attendance by clicking here: http://tinyurl.com/SSFaci
|25 – 28 April 2019||Administrative selection|
|1 May 2019||Interview
(conducted by SSEAYP International Indonesia Inc.)
|7 May 2019||Announcement of shortlisted Facilitators Recommendation from Indonesia|
|Around beginning of June 2019||The Government of Japan determine the Facilitators based on the recommendations by the respective governments or Alumni Associations.|