[UPDATE as of 17 January 2018]
Edho Aqmal Hakim (IPY2012), as the representative of Directorate of Social Contribution Activities, SSEAYP International Indonesia, is delivering the book to Mr. Bambang, the Chairman of Mitra Netra Foundation. About 300 volunteers participated in this project, resulting 9 converted books to our blind and partially sighted friends in Indonesia.
Stay tuned in our social media, as we will organise the closing ceremony of this project in February 2018!
[UPDATE as of 8 September 2017]
Thank you to the ±300 volunteers for their kind participation in our programme “Retype for Brighter Literacy” to commemorate the 30th anniversary of SSEAYP International and the 50th anniversary of ASEAN.
We are now still finalising the files prior to the submission to Mitra Netra Foundation. Kindly wait for your e-certificate, we will send to you by next week 🙂
In the meantime, we are happy to inform you that this project has also been covered by Antara, the Indonesian national news agency
[UPDATE as of 23 August 2017]
Thank you very much for registering to this 30/50 project in commemorating the 30th anniversary of SSEAYP International and the 50th anniversary of ASEAN. More than 290 volunteers have decided to take part in this project, aiming to support better access for our fellow friends for better inclusion practices in Indonesia, especially blind friends through this programme.
We are happy to announce that we will retype additional books,as follows:
- Ika Natassa, The Architecture of Love
- Ika Natassa, Critical Eleven
- Andrea Hirata, Sirkus Pohon
- Pramoedya A T, Bumi Manusia
- Eka Kurniawan, Lelaki Harimau
- Eka Kurniawan, Perempuan Patah Hati yang Kembali Menemukan Cinta Melalui Mimpi
- Pidi Baiq, Dilan
If you don’t have the book, you may:
- Borrow from your friends / library
- Buy them for your own book collection
- Send email to email@example.com to let us know if you face some challenges in getting the book at your place
Please be informed that the submission deadline will be on 4th September 2017 at 23:59 and your e-certificate will be given within 2 weeks after your submission.
For reference, you may wish to read the following information package:
- Retype for Brighter Literacy Info Package
- Project 3050 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- List of Volunteers and its accompanying chapter